Distributors and Representatives

General Information

A distributor is a business that distributes a product to Utah dealers. Once the distributor is licensed in Utah, the distributor needs to provide the Utah dealer with a franchise letter. The Utah dealer cannot sell the distributors vehicles without filing a copy of the franchise letter with Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division.

A representative is an employee or owner of the distributor that resides in or travels into the state of Utah to promote the sale of their vehicles to Utah dealers.

Application Form

Form TC-301, Bonded Motor Vehicle Business Application, must be properly completed and signed.

If the distributor has representatives that reside in or will travel into Utah, an application TC-760 will also need to be submitted for each representative. The application TC-760 must be properly completed and signed.

The application(s) and fees must be submitted for approval to the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division, 210 N 1950 W, Salt Lake City, Utah 84134. Please allow three to five working days after the application is received by MVED for the license(s) to be issued. All licenses will be mailed back to the distributor.

Translate »