Everyone who holds an MVED business license is required to keep the following records at the principal place of business, which may be inspected by peace officers and employees of the Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division:
- A record of every vehicle the licensee buys, sells, exchanges, or accepts for sale or exchange,
- A record of every used part or accessory bought or otherwise acquired,
- A record of every vehicle acquired and dismantled,
- All buyers’ orders, contracts, odometer statements, temporary permit records, financing records, and all other documents related to the purchase, sale, leasing, or consignment of motor vehicles, and,
- A record of the name and address of every person to whom a motor vehicle, motor vehicle body, chassis, or motor vehicle engine is sold or otherwise disposed of and a description of the vehicle by make, model, year, and identification number.